We moved into the house (well, one room of it) two weeks ago. In that time we’ve removed all the flooring, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, appliances and fixtures, many walls, several ceilings and much of the electrical system. We had a crew salvage most of the brick from a length of wall and the floor of a large room which, incidentally, had a sand floor in lieu of foundation. This week, the masons will use that brick to facade a new wall that will enclose the back of the property. Our HVAC guy moved one unit last week and will move the other tomorrow or Tuesday. Ducting has been removed and replaced as well. Two garden sheds and their 8″ thick foundations have been removed along with lots of debris.
I repaired the front irrigation system and transplanted several trees. A concrete team poured a new floor/foundation in the “sand room” while another dug trenches with generator-driven saws and jackhammers in order to update plumbing. Our cabinet man worked with us to design and order the kitchen cabinets, countertops and appliances. Framers raised the ceiling in the kitchen yesterday and today the electrician and plumber began renovation of those two systems. The Good Husband and I planned and ordered all fittings for three bathrooms, selected flooring for the entire house, and ordered five new sets of doors in addition to light fixtures. We also chose and ordered new living room furniture, guest beds, dining room slipcovers and exterior shutters. The pool and back landscape design are in the works.
We’ve been busy. I am tired. Photos will follow soon!